I've been browsing the Maple Leaf forums a little while now and this is my first post here. I'm a heavy Arduino user and I decided to take the step into the Maple Leaf (Mini). I didn't buy a Maple brand, but a cheap Chinese, just to try it out and figure out a few things. It's been about 6 months since my purchase. I had a lot of trouble getting it to work, but kept the faith and tried it off and on. I finally figured it out today.
The Maple Mini (clone) doesn't act exactly like the Maple, as described. I'm really only chiming in because some users here are probably also using a clone. Hitting the Reset button, no matter how many times, how fast or slow, or even keeping the button down just keeps it in a reset state. The device disappears in the Computer Manager until you release the Reset button. I'm using Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate, BTW.
Definitely, the first thing is to get a driver installed, and I used INF-Wizard for that. Once the LibUSB-Win32 driver is installed, "Maple" shows up in the Device Manager as a functioning device.
Now into the Maple-IDE, no matter what you do, upon compiling, it will say "no device" or whatever the exact verbiage is. Nothing I tried worked either. Now, I came across someone's post that said, "try hitting the Reset button later in the Upload process..."
Ok, so after the compiler failed to find a "Serial Device", it searches for DFU devices. This is when I hit the Reset button and my Blink program uploaded successfully. When you hit the Reset button at this point, you'll see "Maple" disappears and "Maple 003" will appear in the Device Manager. So, of course, I had to change the delay rate to make sure it actually worked, and it's been consistent all morning!
I hope this helps others, like me, who bought a clone and struggled with it for the last 6 months! This may also be a missing link with the original Maples as well. Cortex development, here I come!