This topic provides some notices about and guidelines for the forum that we'd like everyone to know.
When asking for help:
- Search the forum for related topics first! Your question may have been answered already.
- Specify the version of Maple IDE (e.g. "0.0.11") you are using. This helps us tell if your problem is likely related to a bug which has since been fixed.
- If you want help porting a library (or checking if it works), provide a link to the library in your post.
- If you're having trouble getting a program to work, post your code (see below for guidelines on posting code). Along with your code, please post what you expect it to do, and what it does instead. Remember, we can't read your mind ;)
- When starting a new topic, use a short, descriptive title.
For example, something like "Trying to use DMA interrupts causes Maple to freeze" describes what you want to do, and the problem you're having. It also makes it easier for people with similar problems to search the forum.
A title like "HELP!!!!!1!!" (or even "DMA HALP!!") doesn't describe the type of help you need, and makes it harder for other users with the same problem to find your topic.
- For more information on posting good bug reports, see this page: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html
When posting code:
- Don't post long (multi-page) code listings directly into the forum. Use something like Pastebin or GitHub Gists instead.
Moderators vs. LeafLabs employees:
- Forum moderators are volunteers, not LeafLabs employees.
- LeafLabs employees have "LeafLabs" or "Administrator" titles under their usernames in forum posts.